“My name is Lucas Scott. I’m a senior at Tree Hill High School.
I play basketball — at least I used to.
I have a girlfriend — at least I used to.
And I have a best friend.
Tree Hill is just a place somewhere in the world.
Maybe it’s a lot like your world, maybe it’s nothing like it.
But if you look closer, you might see someone like you.
Someone trying to find their way. Someone trying to find their place.
Someone trying to find their self.
Sometimes it seems like you are the only one in the world who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, or unsatisfied, or barely getting by.
But that feeling’s a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay.
Because we all need a little help sometimes.
Someone to help us hear the music in the world, to remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you.”
Lucas Scott (Chad Michael Murray)
–One Tree Hill
1. “They were threatened by my intelligence and too stupid to know that’s why they hated me.”
2. “I am not crazy; my mother had me tested.”
3. “Hello, Penny. I realize you are currently at the mercy of your primitive biological urges. But, as you have an entire lifetime of poor decisions ahead of you, may I interrupt this one?”
4. Sheldon: You’re not done with her, are you?
Leonard: Our babies will be smart AND beautiful.
Sheldon: Not to mention imaginary.
5. Coffee’s out of the question. When I moved to California, I promised my mother that I wouldn’t start doing drugs.
6. “You know, I’m given to understand that there’s an entire city in Nevada designed specifically to help people like Howard forget their problems. They can replace them with new problems, like alcoholism, gambling addiction and sexually transmitted diseases.”
7. “Interesting. Sex works even better than chocolate to modify behavior. I wonder if anyone else has stumbled onto this?”
8. ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, LIZARD, SPOCK: Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors
10. Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I’m stupid!
Sheldon: That’s no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
11. Leonard: What were you doing at Penny’s?
Sheldon: Well, we had dinner, played some games, and then I spent the night. Oh, and you’ll be happy to know that I now have a much better understanding of ‘friends with benefits.’
12. Sheldon: At my age do you know how I’m statistically most likely to die?
Leonard: At the hands of your room mate?
Sheldon: An accident.
Leonard: That’s how I’m going to make it look.
13. Leonard: I’m just saying, you catch more flies with honey then with vinegar.
Sheldon: You catch even more with manure, what’s your point?
14. Howard: Hope you don’t mind, I told my girlfriend, Bernadette, she can join us for dinner.
Leonard: Sure, the more the merrier.
Sheldon: Wait, no. That’s a false equivalency. More does not equal merry. If there was 2000 people in this apartment right now, would we be celebrating? No, we’d be suffocating.
15. Sheldon: The entrance to the dungeon is a moss covered door. You manage to open it only to find yourself face-to-face with a hideous, foul-smelling, moss-covered ogre. What do you do?
Howard: I say, “Hey Ma, what’s for dinner?”
16. Sheldon: Howard?
Sheldon: Your shoes are delightful. Where did you get them?
Sheldon: Bazinga, I don’t care.
17. Sheldon: I need to sleep here tonight.
Sheldon: Howard is a total ass, Bernadette is in Penny’s bed, Amy bites and Penny may or may not have coitus with Leonard.
Rajesh: OK, come in.
18. THAT’S MY SPOT!!!
19. If you don’t mind, I’d like to stop listening to you and start talking.
20. Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless b*tch.
One Tree Hill is without a doubt one of the TV shows in history with one of the largest and best collection of quotes that induce laughter, are used for reflection and most importantly inspire despite it being only a “High School Drama.” Even though the curtains have come down on the show the quotes will remain with us forever as reflected in the first quote:
1. The song always ends but that’s no reason not to enjoy the music ~Jake to Peyton
2. “Losing your heart’s desire is tragic, but gaining your heart’s desire is all you can wish for. So if that’s tragic, then give me tragedy!” ~Peyton Sawyer
3. “If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it, do it, don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever.” ~Brooke Davis
5. “At this moment, there are 6 billion, 4 hundred, 71 million, 8 hundred, 18 thousand, 6 hundred, 71 people in the world. Some are running scared.. some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day.. others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men at war with good, and some are good.. struggling with evil. 6 billion people in the world, 6 billion souls — and sometimes…all you need is 1.” ~Peyton Sawyer
6. “Sometimes pain becomes such a huge part of your life that you expect it to always be there…because you can’t remember a time in your life when it wasn’t. But then one day you feel something else-something that feels wrong, only because it’s so unfamiliar. And in that moment you realize…you’re happy.” ~ Haley James Scott
7. “Life kicks you around sometimes. It scares you and it beats you up, but there’s a day when you realize that you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior. You’re tougher than anything it throws your way.” ~Brooke Davis
9. “Some times people put up walls, not to keep people away. But to see who cares enough to tear those walls down.” ~Brooke Davis
10. “People always leave.” ~Peyton Sawyer
11. You ever look a picture of yourself, and see a stranger in the background?. It makes you wonder how many strangers have pictures of you. How many moments of other peoples life have we been in. Were we a part of someone’s life when their dream came true or were we there when their dream died. Did we keep trying to get in? As if we were somehow destined to be there or did the shot take us by surprise. Just think, you could be a big part of someone elses life, and not even know it .” ~Lucas Scott
13. Your art matters, its what got me here. ~Lucas to Peyton
14. “Brooke Davis is going to change the world one day, and she doesn’t even know it”. ~Lucas (about Brooke in his book)
15. Always and forever ~ Nathan and Haley
17. “Most of our life is a series of images that pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever.” ~Lucas Scott
18. “I wanted you to fight for me. I wanted you to tell me that there’s no-one else you could ever be with and that you’d rather be alone than be without me.” ~Brooke to Lucas
19. Nathan: It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is
today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.
Haley: We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing. But ambition is good. Chasing things
with integrity is good. Dreaming…
Brooke: If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what wouldyou say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it, do it, don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever.
Mouth: Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want. Everything you want.
Millie: Do you have it? Good. Now
believe it can come true.
Quinn: You never know where the next miracle’s gonnacome from.
Clay: The next memory. The next
smile. The next wish come true.
Chase: But if you believe that it’s right around the corner.
Chris: And you open your heart and mind to the possibility of
it. To the certainty of it.
Skills: You might just get the thing you’re wishing for.
Julian: The world is full of magic. You just have to believe
Brooke: So make your wish … Do you have it?
Nathan: Good. Now believe in it.
WHICH NO. IS YOUR FAVORITE?!?!
One Tree Hill was a show known for its beautiful quotations. Here’s one by the lovely miss Brooke Davis (Sophia Bush)